Saturday, April 26, 2008

Still 29!

There is not too much to report on here. Things have been going well. On May 8th, I go to the doctor for a glucose tolerance test, and after that, I will start having bi-weekly appointments. Pretty darn exciting. Even more exciting: Baby Hartley has been kicking up a storm lately, which always reassures her paranoid mother who went off anxiety meds cold turkey a week after conception.

On another front, my sister, with the assistance of Scott and the rest of my immediate family threw me a surprise birthday party, which was so unbelievably sweet. For those of you who don't know me that well, I'm a very nosy person, and I find out many things I am not supposed to know well in advance of the day I am supposed to know them. Congrats to Kerri, Scott, and the rest of my family, who totally tricked me with a surprise party. My birthday isn't until May 10th, which could have been why I didn't suspect anything. This also might be a good time to announce that I am still in my twenties for a few more weeks, and therefore, still extremely young. Since I didn't know I was having a party, I didn't get all beautiful for the camera that Scott surreptitiously put in his pocket before we left. But he snapped some photos of the excitement:


Me in my younger days, when I thought 30 was way old.


This is not the most flattering angle, but I wanted to show you what I saw the entire time I was taking photos - lots of children shoving presents in my face.


Dad, Uncle Steve from TN, and Laura from NY



The crowd, including Sue, my sister, and brother.



My very sweet niece, Tatum, smiling as I open my present.

Notice the lack of photos of myself, aside from those ancient ones on the sign? Yes, because I was looking rough that day. I am so grateful for such an awesome family and friends. I love them so much. Thanks for the party - it was the best!

4 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah. Look forward to seeing you and your belly tomorrow at Sue's shower!

byrankoehaler said...

ahem...notice the lack of photos of your other brother...

Our Three Girls said...

I will be sending you some photos to include in your next post. They actually have you in them! :)

Undecided said...

So glad I could be there and meet everyone!

Enjoy your last weeks of your twenties : )