So, the kiddo turned 1 in August! We threw a shindig at our place and it was a ton of fun, albeit slightly cramped. That's what you get for trying to squeeze 35+ people into a tiny bungalow. The good part was that we got one nap in! She hadn't yet dropped her second nap as she has now so we did have some tears when dad took her cupcake away to take off the wrapper. She feared it going into his mouth, I believe. But other than that, this kid was loving the attention. A true Leo.
Here she is with daddy, posing. She really sucked up the attention this day. She's the kind of child that could be super tired, but as long as someone is playing with her and giving her attention, she can ignore the call for sleep. The moment that her entertainment leaves, it's a complete grouch-fest! She does not take after her mother in this way. I'm like, "Ok, I'm tired. Everyone out!"
We bought cupcakes from a small cupcake shop around here. Although the cupcake shop is small, her birthday cupcake was not. It was super big and she thoroughly enjoyed every drop of sugar contained in it! For the guests, we had smaller cupcakes that were GORGEOUS. I highly recommend this place if you're in the area and looking for a great cupcake place!
G and her cousins! They love her and shower her with attention. She loves it and she used to get really confused when she wasn't showered with attention like that from total strangers. Now she is a little better at it, but the girls have shown her a pretty high standard on the attention front! Now, of course, she's 16 months and every time she sees a picture of one of them, she points each one out with their name: "Tay-Tay!" "Tesssssss" (have to carry the "s" out!), and "Rowee!" She loves those girls!
Not so sure what this expression is, but she does do this when we say, "Hey, show us your funny face!" I don't think she had learned that yet at that point. Oh, and do you like the cupcake smeared up on the forehead? It's really not a first birthday party without that, right?
As you can see, she is wondering if this cupcake is for real. She really seemed to love it! I have to admit that is not the last time we have visited that cupcake shop. It's all about helping local businesses, right? Completely selfless on my part. However, Greta isn't really all that enamored with the cupcakes, thank goodness! They do usually have some kind of cookie or candy on the top that she'll grab, though! She likes to notify us when she sees candy anywhere. "CANDEEEEEEEEE!"As you'll notice, there are no photos of myself at Greta's birthday party. There is a reason for this. It involves a lime green shirt, a maroon skirt, wet hair, and just all around "not-cuteness". Greta, dear, if you read this one day, I promise I was at your 1st birthday party giving you lots of love and support. xoxo
2 comments:
What a hilarious update! I'm so glad "Your Baaack!" I love the pic of her chowing down on that huge cupcake! She knows what's good!!!
Finally! Thank you for updating. :)
I love Greta's dress. That is so cute. Where did you get it?
Post a Comment