Scott and I were so excited about our ultrasound today. We have stayed up late the last few nights wondering whether we are having a boy or a girl. Neither of us have a preference (that we're willing to admit to)...We were mainly just hoping for a healthy baby.
With that being said, we are happy to say that the baby is looking healthy, at least from what you can tell from an ultrasound. An in tact spinal column, a 4 chambered heart, little hands and little feet, adorable baby face. Size of a ______ (insert fruit comparator). We are so happy about those basics!

We also have an announcement to make about the gender: our child is VERY stubborn. That, or we have an ultrasound tech that doesn't like to try very hard. Stubborn is a gender, right? We are having a precious, beautiful little baby stubborn. Yes ladies and gentlemen, we have no idea what we are having, due to the fact that the baby would not move it's leg out of the way so that the ultrasound tech could get a peek. I have heard that this is possible, but I have never actually known anyone this happened to. I think that subconsciously, I was expecting this, because I was only mildly disappointed about the news. The rest of me seemed to be saying, "Hmm, just as I anticipated." At least we know our baby is very modest and we are ruling out any possibility of a career that involves flashing body parts, or a pole (unless the job term ends with the word 'vaulter') Thank goodness.
The ultrasound tech said we will sneak in another one next month at the appointment. This leaves you more time to vote for your preferred gender. If you are like my friend, Laura, you are voting for your preferred gender from numerous computers throughout your city, just to make sure your gender wins. Oh, and you know my idea about showing you the photos from the sonogram room? Well, let's just save that for next month. The idea of showing you my bare belly when there is no discernible bump, but a large amount of padding that isn't necessarily supposed to be there just isn't appealing to me right now. Plus, I don't want to lose my large group of fans.
Anyway, I guess our name discussion is still on hold. Scott is insisting on calling the baby Barack or Hillary. Although, truth be known, he is greatly annoyed by one of those candidates and I doubt he would ever refer to his unborn child as that name. I'm still just calling it "it". Poor thing. I should at least thing of a gender neutral name to call it. Like Chris or Pat or Jamie or something! So we are taking suggestions for interim names until April. Baby X.


5 comments:
I'm still crying about not being about to find out whether this baby is my niece or nephew! Darn ultrasound tech! Anyway, I'll probably be able to hold off until April 10th...but this is truly driving my bananas!!!!!!!! Love you, Baby Stubborn!
Stubborn little guy! (Yes, I said guy ;) Well, maybe next month. At least you know the important stuff, his (yes, his ;) health. His (yes, I said his) name will come to you and it will just seem right. Cant wait to see the baby bump!
I can't wait until next month. I will seriously be stalking the blog in the meantime. By the way, you looked great on Sunday. I saw a bit of a bump (not to mention the awesome new boobs) and you have such a beautiful glow!
Oh Sarah, you are funny. I actually thought those sonogram pics were for real and was confused for a bit... I kindly offer the name "Shannon," which my father tried to bestow on me when I was an innocent child of 9 years of age... at which point I rebelled with the (no doubt feminine but equally problematic) name of Suzanna... So even though he will be a boy, if you like, you can refer to him as "Baby Shannon." BTW, I agree with Da. You are a beautiful mommy to be!
Shannon Reynolds will love that...since she will be giving your baby oodles and oodles of wanted (or unwanted) hugs and kisses! :)
Post a Comment