Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pink or Blue?

I am happy to announce that after a week without a computer (ours died an untimely death), we finally have a makeshift one we are using! Granted, it has no "a" key, but that can be remedied by copying and pasting an "a" from any random text and then constantly pasting in the "a" when you need to hit the "a" key. This was something cleverly thought of by my hubby. If any of you have not noticed how many a's there are in everyday language, I would like you to stop and take a moment to notice that a's are in everything. (read: acknowledge me for copying and pasting these a's, so you can have a blog to read.)

Yesterday, Scott and I had a great time at the Royals v. Yankees game! We braved the rain out at the stadium. Scott was worried about the dipping temperature (I have a cold), so by the time I left the house, I had on TWO pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, a long sleeved t-shirt, a hoodie, a giant puffy north face coat, a hat, a scarf and gloves! It was pretty funny. Scott was almost as bundled up, but not quite. The game was great, and we stayed long enough to see John Buck hit the home run, and see another run batted in. (We had to leave a LITTLE early, because we were getting soaked near the end) Here he is below, enjoying a Sheboygan.

Scott believes him eating this Sheboygan was foreshadowing of our doctor's appt today

Today was also our doctor's appointment - I am 23 weeks this week, and as you know, we had a tough time getting Baby Hartley to move around at the last sonogram. Who would have thought that Scott and I would have produced a shy child? Our doctor gave us another chance today, and things started out looking the exact same as last time. The baby was just not
cooperating. The ultrasound tech poked around on my belly and told us that our baby was just NOT wanting to share it's gender. Right when Scott and I were prepared to wait another month, the ultrasound tech paused the screen. Up on the screen, we saw it. Definitely a lack of anything at all shaped like a Sheboygan. We are having a little girl! Of course, I started crying right there. (For the record, I would have cried if it was a boy, too!) Scott looked a little misty eyed, but he didn't cry all the way out of the office like I did. We are so excited, and we are really looking forward to meeting this little one when she comes out in late summer!


7 comments:

arlopop said...

congratulations! give my best to that little lexicon devil.

Unknown said...

Yeah! A girl! I still can't believe I was wrong - that so rarely happens :). But, regardless, she will be a joy to love on! I can't wait to meet her either...

amosclarkson said...

All right, I guess you can have a girl. I was looking forward to our boy population continuing to grow, though ;) I'm glad she finally cooperated!

Our Three Girls said...

All I have to say is...YAY! YAY! YAY! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!

Hettinger Home said...

Woo hoo! Glad she finally cooperated for you guys (and all the rest of us who were curious too!)

Carrie Fluegge said...

I'm so excited for you! Girls are so much fun and their clothes are so much more fun to buy. :) So now that you know, are you sticking to a green room or will you go with something in the pink tones? Aren't you so glad you know now?! For me, that's when it all seems real.

April & Alisha said...

Congrats! Hooray for girls! I am so happy for the two of you!