For my birthday (yes, I try to drag it on as long as possible) Scott and I bought tickets to a Royals game where we sat really close to home plate. It was really fun!
We won this game, so it was exciting. Of course, at that time, we didn't realize how much we should savor this win. It wasn't until the Royals hit the soil of Massachusetts this past Monday that we truly were able to appreciate this win. We are really bummed, and Scott is threatening to switch his loyalty back to the Chicago Cubs, his hometown team. I, however, was raised in this town and have no fallback plan. I continue to root for the Royals.
The other day, our friends, Chris and Sarah Garibaldi, called us and told us their neighbor across the street had a crib at their garage sale. They grabbed it for us, so our child now has a bed, as opposed to sleeping in a drawer as recommended by another friend. Setting up the crib was not really that fun, so there are ONLY photos of the finished products.
My sister, Kerri, gave us their glider for the baby's room. We are so grateful for it! Scott decided to give the glider a whirl. You can find him below practicing reading with one hand and rocking the Fox in Socks (or our cat, Kitty - depends on who you ask) with the other hand. Our dog, Butch, is keeping him company on the floor.
We had a doctor's appointment today. Seems like things are going alright! I am enjoying the reassurance of having more frequent doctor's appointments. I am really enjoying the pregnancy, despite my continuing acid reflux and my intermittent crying bouts. Yesterday, I cried all evening for no particular reason. I don't think Scott is really too surprised about it anymore. Poor guy.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sounds like all is going well. The time is quickly approaching!
The glider looks lovely in the room! Glad that game of P-I-G paid off! :)
sarah - so good to see you yesterday. give scott a big squeeze since we missed him! your room is really starting to come together. i know for me, having the crib up was a BIG deal - felt more real... love you!
Post a Comment