Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Busy Life!

I have been horrible at blogging! My practice opened on the 1st and it has been quite an adjustment. I am still in a transition period, when it comes to balancing my time, but I'm trying to get the hang of it. I really like the people at my new office - they are really nice and helpful. I am working a couple of days a week at the office and a couple of days at home.

Anyway, here's what's been going on in the Hartley home:

We decided to try to feed Greta some rice cereal the other day, since she's 5 months old now. She really liked it, but after we fed it to her, she didn't poop for 4 days! I about had an anxiety attack. Finally, some prune juice helped her out, and we decided we will wait until six months and start with something with a little more dietary fiber! So, really, the rice cereal was just her "Preview to Solids". She turns six months old on February 12th, so we will probably be trying some baby food then!


Lovin' the rice cereal!


Dad feeding Miss G


Not wanting to relinquish the spoon. She also cried when we were not fast enough at getting her another bite.

Uncle Bruce, Aunt Pam, and Greta all bonded when they were here for the holidays.


Aren't they cute?!?!

Below are two pictures I just took one day when I was home with Greta over the holidays. She is starting to get a little restless when she sits in her Bumbo chair if we are not there to entertain her. But she did seem to be distracted with this camera in her face. Oh, and the fact that I kept putting the bow on her head (shown in the second photo). Since her father is not a fan of bows, I can only get away with this when he is at work.


Ignore the spit up all over her little sweater, please.



Okay, dad, we know bows are a little girly, but how can you resist this cuteness?

As I said earlier, Bruce and his fiance, Pam, were here for the holidays. They were on a break from law school (Pam) and med school (Bruce). They came over to keep us company several times during the holidays. Bruce is not a fan of our cats, and Tiny would not leave him alone. I think he was a pretty good sport about it!


Pam feeds Greta while Bruce does his best "If I ignore the cat, maybe she will go away" look

To start our new year off right, Chantay (one of the Admin Assistants from my old work) and her daughter, Jamila, came to visit Greta. Greta was very enamored with Jamila and just smiled and smiled the whole time Jamila held her. As for Chantay, you can see, she is introducing Greta to purses. Greta will soon learn the sad truth that her mom's wallet/purse is missing a very important element - money! I don't think she'll mind that so much until she gets a bit older and starts asking for things though!



Chantay lets Greta go for her purse.



Greta was loving Jamila, who wore her birthday girl hat to visit us.

5 comments:

amosclarkson said...

I'm glad to hear your practice is starting out well-how exciting! Greta is so cute, Sarah, I think her face is just adorable!

Russ & Emily said...

Um, I had no idea that Bruce was engaged! Wow! When you talk to him again, tell him congrats from me. When is the big day?

Gael's Mom said...

Gael went through a "I'm only going to poop once every four days and then you better just put me in the bath and burn my clothes" stage. It all started when around the time I introduces baby food, too. I even tried the prune juice but he kept up the new schedule and we saved money on diapers. Anyway, if Greta keeps it up even absent the cereal of course talk to the pediatrician, but ours told us is was fine as long as when he did go it wasn't hard. Finally, he's eating baby food on a daily basis at daycare and is going almost daily.
Congratulations and best wishes with your practice! Call me some time.

The Schwengels said...

Greta is just beautiful! She is! And some days call for bows & being girlie! ;)

Good luck with your new practice...I'm dreading the day I have to go back to work...YUCKY! Can't she go with me?!

Miss you!

Oh, Tell Bruce congrats!!! I didn't know he was engaged OR going to med school...are we still friends?!? Ask him for me! :)

Carrie Fluegge said...

Those pictures in the highchair bring back memories of when Georgia looked so tiny (we have the same chair). I was just noticing yesterday how all of a sudden her head is higher than the back of the chair. It won't be long before you're noticing the same thing and wondering when she grew up so fast.