On that note, we know that we are pretty spoiled with receiving gifts. Having just married in October, it was fun getting a steady stream of gifts to celebrate our marriage. If anyone knows me, they know I cannot resist a beautifully-wrapped package and that I delight in tearing the paper to shreds while waiting to see what is inside. Just when we thought we were hitting a dry spot in present receiving, I come home to find a giant package sitting on my porch. I open it up and here is what is inside:
A delightful package full of books, toys, onesies, and fun things for the baby (including a very cute snuffleupagus stuffed animal). My friend, Laura, had apparently decided to help the U.S. ward off the impending recession by buying everything on the Babies R Us website! It was so fun to see everything in there.
Two days later... Another package... Laura strikes again!
Now that Laura has got us used to getting packages two times a week, we are going to be in serious withdrawal for awhile! It was fun to open the presents - and the fact that they were so unexpected made it even more delightful.
I don't know how often I will post between now and the date we find out the gender. I have learned that Scott has a secret obsession (that I am outing him on) with blogging. Every spare moment is spent blogging and it makes him very happy, so it might be a fight for blogging time if I want to post! I think he will be willing to make the sacrifice for our dear sweet baby, Kirkland Hartley, though.
11 comments:
What a great idea about the sponsorship thing....haven't heard of anyone doing it before ;) Love getting the gifts and there will be plenty more to come, I'm sure. The $100 concept is also an interesting one....not sure if that will work, though...good luck with that!
one quick warning about that Fox In Socks book, weariness will set in around the thirtieth time you are forced to recite it. Our boy, in his infinite wisdom, has deterimined in the last week that it is his new "favewit".
I'm loving this $100 idea. I have often thought about why parents to be don't vuy everything second-hand and save thousands of dollars (since every garage sale is packed to the gills with everything baby)...who am I kidding, I'm sure we'll want a lot of brand spankin' new stuff too....oh well.
I'm loving this $100 idea. I have often thought about why parents to be don't buy everything second-hand and save thousands of dollars (since every garage sale is packed to the gills with everything baby)...who am I kidding, I'm sure we'll want a lot of brand spankin' new stuff too....oh well.
See, I had to post that twice to correct my "vuy" I thought I hit the 'back' button in time....shoot. I'm the double-commenter!!
Yeah.....I am so happy for you!!! YOu and Supavan will have babies the same age!!! They can grow up together just like you two did! Can't wait to hear what gender the baby is! Personally, I like Kirkland.
Oh my gosh...congrats. I am so happy for you guys. Everyone is pregnant...well except me:) But Josh and I are working on that;) Let me know if you need anything. I have a bunch of maternity clothes if you would like to borrow them. Can't wait to see you again and talk shop.
Love ya - Em
yay! i love this blog!
Wow! That is quite the box of gifts! If you have a girl, I can continue to help you save money by providing you with bags and bags of clothing...some that have never been worn! You can't beat that! I think that this makes my vote official...GIRL!
Just for the reocrd, rapid inflation has occurred because you originally didn't want to spend ANY money before Baby Kirkland was born! ;-)
Sarah does LOVE presents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of any variety. And about the memorization of children's books...You will find yourself quoting them in the middle of work, at the store, morning, noon and night....."I do not love them, Sam I am. I do not love green eggs and ham." Pre baby....that $100 is a good idea. Afterwards....well start saving.
I voted girl btw. Perhaps, give the Pizza Hut cravings, you could name her Parmesan, Pepperoni, or Calzone...........
Post a Comment