Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update Part II

The Khamphakdy sisters threw us a shower at our house the other day. It was so fun! It rained in the morning, but it cooled off in the evening, and it was a great time. The only complaint I had: I apparently missed the memo about pregnant women needing to refrain from wearing all white during their 9th month of pregnancy. Who knew? I say this responsibility to give me the news fell on my friends, so those of you who were at the shower, I am now contemplating terminating our friendship. See the photo below of me in white for the reason why.


The gorgeous table that the Khamphakdy girls put together




A shot of the guests from afar

I submit to you: Exhibit A. Nothing further. Scott is in his requisite horizontal stripe shower uniform.




Da and her little sweet Zoe. Isn't she adorable? (Zoe, that is...well, Da is, too, actually)




Souvenir!

Scott and I also went to the ballgame the Sunday following the shower. Not too many exciting pics to post, but I did catch a foul ball. That was exciting. Actually, I didn't catch it. It landed between my feet. You all know I was NOT getting out of my chair to try to catch a foul ball, right? (Something was NOT fitting with that picture, I know.) Fortunately, Willie Bloomquist hit the ball right to me, and as I closed my eyes and prayed for someone to snatch it out of the air before it pegged me in the head and killed me, I felt it thump lightly on my fat, swollen, feet. I looked down and grabbed the ball. Then I proceeded to hold it up like I was a hero who had done some amazing dive for the ball. No one was overly impressed, except for Scott and me, who were very pleased with ourselves. It was pretty funny.

On the baby front, not much progression at weekly appointments. They are giving me the sympathy "1 cm" that they try to give you to make you feel like you really can birth a baby. Although she did say I was 50% effaced, which I felt was true progress.

We can't wait to meet this little one!


A photo of me a month or so ago at work

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Once again, you look very cute! I think pregnancy looks good on you :) Looks like your shower was fun!

Unknown said...

Sarah, you are too funny. I think you are a beautiful mama to be and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise! Looking forward to meeting little Hartley. Tell her to come out already! :)

Krista & Matt said...

Sarah- You are one hot mama! Congrats you are almost there, in no time at all you'll have your sweet little baby in your arms. Make sure to go on lots of dates with the hubby before the the big date arrives. ( in other words- go out to your favorite ice cream place and splurge!)
Krista (Borkowski) Binnicker