Things have been going pretty well over here in Hartley-land. I have been feeling a little more relaxed about things here, although I have to issue a public apology to those of you who have called and I have not called back. I'm about 2 weeks behind on returning phone calls!
Greta has had numerous baths since she arrived at our house, but last night, we pulled out a towel that Scott's co-worker, Linda, gave her. It is a little lamb hooded towel, and we obviously anticipated how cute she would look in it, seeing as how we had the camera ready to snap photos! Greta really likes her baths so far, although she's not wild about the part where we have to clean under her neck to get all the delicious milk she has hidden in there for a rainy day. She really fights us on that one, but since we don't want our daughter smelling like a block of aged parmesan, we always win the fight.
Greta has had numerous baths since she arrived at our house, but last night, we pulled out a towel that Scott's co-worker, Linda, gave her. It is a little lamb hooded towel, and we obviously anticipated how cute she would look in it, seeing as how we had the camera ready to snap photos! Greta really likes her baths so far, although she's not wild about the part where we have to clean under her neck to get all the delicious milk she has hidden in there for a rainy day. She really fights us on that one, but since we don't want our daughter smelling like a block of aged parmesan, we always win the fight.
The other day, Aunt Cathy (Scott's sister), called to see if I could use a shower or time for myself to run errands. A shower was definitely in order, so she came over to take Miss Gigi on a walk. They had a great time, and Greta even got her daily dose of Vitamin D in the sunshine. Aunt Cathy definitely has the touch with babies! Thank you for the break, Cathy! Greta had a great time with you!
I am having some formatting issues where Blogger will only let me type with everything "left-formatted" or centered. Driving me crazy. I'm choosing centered for the sake of the captions. I will see if Scott can fix it later!
My friend, April, came over the other day to give us some company and go for a walk with us. We had a fun time walking around. We went over to Westwood Park, where April made both Greta and I laugh when her feet could not touch the ground when she hopped on the swingset. I know it's not nice, but giggling when short people cannot touch the ground when they sit on elevated things is one of the few perks I have as a giant. So, let me revel. In my defense, April thought it was hilarious, too!
I can't believe it, but on Tuesday, Greta will be 6 weeks old. I have my 6 week checkup, where I will hopefully get my exercise clearance. This is a good thing, since a few days ago, I stepped on the scale. Scott warned me not to do it, but I didn't listen. There was almost an incident where Scott and Greta got to collect on my life insurance money. Fortunately, Scott talked me off the ledge. Exercise is in my near future!
8 comments:
Thank you for letting me come over today and hold that precious baby! She's a sweetheart!
Oh Sarah I had so much fun with you and GIgi. I'm so glad I could entertain you with my shortness! I have a feeling Gigi will be taller than me sometime in elementary school. Thanks again for letting me hang out, we'll have to do it again soon.
Ok - the lamb towel set - so freaking cute! I could eat her up... except I also have issues with the scale and it tell me that i should not eat people (even when they are little and new and not many calories).
As for you and a scale... um, you just gave birth. Stay away from the scale and remember, you have an excuse now forever. I can't wait to have a child just so I can attribute all the preexisting flaws (stretch marks etc) to him or her (hopefully her)!
Miss you and keep posting so i can check up on you and the baby girl!
I love the blog makeover! Show me how to do that!
The lamp pictures are way cute! I can't decide if she is looking more like Scott right now??!! I am going this next week to see Sherry in OR and hopefully see Andi Smith one day while I am there. I'll tell them both you say hi. When I get back, maybe I could stop by for a short visit. Miss and love you!
Lamb, not lamp. Oops!
What a great aunt Greta has!! That was so nice of her to give you some well-deserved time off. Take advantage!!!
Greta gets more & more beautiful every day...she's really filling out and getting those adorable chubby cheeks! I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since she's been born. I think Addie and I will have to come visit soon! YOur blog cracked me up...especially that part about the scale. You have such a funny way of sharing your stories. Have you ever thought about writing a book? Not joking!
Post a Comment