Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gigi Update

Miss G is doing really well.  She is getting bigger every single day!  We are really enjoying her, and it's so fun to be with her each day.  Going back to work is really going to stink!  Greta and I have been getting a LITTLE more adventurous during the days.  Today, we went to Sunfresh to grocery shop.  It was mainly me running through the aisles grabbing anything I could find, because Greta had the "I'm going to scream at any moment" look on her face.  Fortunately, when we got home, I did have some edible things in my bags.

Yesterday, dad came home from work early and we went on a walk.  It was great weather, and we had fun on the walk.  I really love it when Scott is home with us.  I don't know how single moms or dads raise their babies by themselves.  The Baby Bjorn is the magic tool for getting her to sleep.


You don't know how hard I was trying to look awake and non-sleep deprived.  Did it work?

One of my favorite things about having this new little girl is watching her dad bond with her.  It is so fun to watch Scott's face light up when he sees her.  It makes me so happy to watch those two together.  I have found the solution to bad days at work for him: It is a little 9 lb semi-bald girl.  Who knew?  She is truly the love of his life.  See below for some photos of their bonding time.  

Dad and GiGi showing how they truly are twins.

Dad imitating her facial expressions.  One of his favorite things to do. 

Self-portrait time

Last night, Scott woke me up about 1 a.m.  

He said, "I have to go to the bathroom.  Can you hold her for a minute?"  

I said, "Do you have her?"  

Scott said, "Yes, I just got her.  She's right here." 

I was so confused, because Greta sleeps on my side of the bed in a bassinet.  We live in a house built in 1925, so the wood floors are super squeaky.  How did I not hear him walk around the bed and grab our baby?  It seems like I wake up even when she stirs in the bassinet.  Just when I was feeling like a horrible mom for not waking up when someone grabs my child out of the bassinet, I looked over in the bassinet and there was Greta sleeping away.  I looked back to Scott who was holding his arms in a cradle position.  He then woke up a bit and said, "Wait....I was dreaming."  I thought it was cute that he was dreaming that he had her and was cradling his arms like he was holding her.  He really loves that girl!


7 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Awww....daddy bonding is the best! It's okay to look sleep deprived because you are! I think I wore sweats & my glasses for several months. Actually getting myself ready I don't think happened except for special occasions! I had a lot of dreams about Eli (& I still do sometimes( but they weren't cute like that. Mine were more anxiety dreams....those really suck!

April & Alisha said...

Scott & Greta are adorable together! I love that he imitates her facial expressions. I'm glad you are getting more adventurous. I'm looking forward to going on walks with you and Greta before it gets too cold!

Carrie Fluegge said...

that story about Scott dreaming he was holding the baby is so cute.

Our Three Girls said...

I love the dream! I know that I have had some of those moments. When you get adventurous, come to my house! I miss Gigi (and you, of course)!

Hettinger Home said...

Sooo precious. I also act out my dreams (sometimes), though mine aren't nearly as cute.
She's a little doll, can't wait to meet her!

beth said...

That dream is hilarious! You look great by the way, Sarah!

Gael's Mom said...

You look great. The happiness shows thru the sleepiness. I've never heard of cradle walking before, but Ro and I have both jumped in our sleep to catch Gael, who of course is safely in his crib. I love when I get to go to the grocery store by myself, because I can take my time, but I have to keep reminding myself that Gael is at home with dad and I did not leave him in isle 3.