Lately, we have had some sleeping issues. (I know those of you who have had newborns are thinking, "All newborns have sleeping issues!") I know....I know. However, our dear daughter is especially gassy. The Mylicon drops haven't helped. The Gripe Water hasn't helped. Greta often wakes up at around 3 a.m. fussing due to gas and can't go back to sleep. It makes us sad for more reason than one.
Greta's gassiness has left us having to think of some creative ways to position her and move her. We aren't really sure that the bicycling of her legs works (although some swear by it), but I wanted to post a video that Scott allowed me to take the other day. If you watch it, you'll get to see Scott's songwriting skills, as well as his creativity at figuring out new ways to bicycle her legs. My apologies in advance for my laughter in the background.
Other than our sleepless nights and Greta's digestive system that still is maturing, things are going great! We took a trip to Independence yesterday to visit Papa and meet Aunt Kerri and Rowan. It was fun and Greta rode both there AND back without a single fuss! We forgot our camera, though, because we were late leaving the house.
Here are two creative shots Scott took of Greta this week:
7 comments:
If you're nursing, read my October 14, 2007 posting on my blog. It gives a list of foods that I had to avoid while nursing because they upset Georgia's stomach. Hope this helps.
Try the football hold - facing up arm or down arm. the vid is up arm
http://video.about.com/babyparenting/The-Football-Hold-for-Babies.htm
Hey, I just got my Baby Talk and there was an article talking about a probiotic powder safe for infants: Baby's Jarro-Dophilus. She would put it on her nipples before feedings and it helped w/ gas and digestive problems. I'm sure you could get it a Whole Foods or Mother Nature's Pantry. I know a great colic massage routine we had to do w/ Mallory...just send me an e-mail (enemie_sue@hotmail.com) and I'll send you the directions...plus its a great bonding massage too.
Em
Have you tried massage? There are several techniques that are supposed to help move the bowels along. Talk to Emily about techniques to help. Carrie's right about trying to take some foods out of your diet and seeing if that helps.
P.S. Love the suttle Obama plug :)
Aunt Kerri...I love it!
Hey Sarah,
First of all, Greta is just beautiful!
Second, FYI Almond tea is calorie free if you use Splenda and oh, so sweet!...AND Thirdly, You can use non-fat Cool Whip in the pumpkin dip & non-fat Jello... Now that I've done some research, I'm trying to stay away from all these "diet" foods BUT less calorie in, more baby fat off! :) Until Grace gets here, it's full fat & calorie goodness for me! ;)
Let me know what you think!
Miss you!
Em
Hey, funny memory...I was thinking about you and those darn Owl scissors the other day! Remember??
Hey Sarah,
First of all, Greta is just beautiful!
Second, FYI Almond tea is calorie free if you use Splenda and oh, so sweet!...AND Thirdly, You can use non-fat Cool Whip in the pumpkin dip & non-fat Jello... Now that I've done some research, I'm trying to stay away from all these "diet" foods BUT less calorie in, more baby fat off! :) Until Grace gets here, it's full fat & calorie goodness for me! ;)
Let me know what you think!
Miss you!
Em
Hey, funny memory...I was thinking about you and those darn Owl scissors the other day! Remember??
Post a Comment