It's my last day of maternity leave today, which...really means very little, I guess, since I turned in my notice at work yesterday. I'm really conflicted about it, because I LOVE my co-workers and LOVE what I do. However, I just don't think I can be away from Greta for 40 hours a week. I'll be starting a part-time job search soon, or possibly just opening up my own practice. I'm going to miss my co-workers and I think there will be lots of tears on my last day at work. Caveat for work folks reading this: People who don't like tears (Dave Rowan) should make themselves scarce on my last day! In the meantime, however, Greta gets to spend LOTS of quality time with her Aunt Kerri and her dad (and two days with Nahmi Karen and one day with Aunt Cathy - thank you!) during these next 30 days!
The other day, it was freezing in our house. I pulled out something that looked really warm for Greta to wear....a bear outfit from her Aunt Shon and Aunt Jolie. She looked so cute in it, even though she needs about 3 or 4 more lbs on her before it fits! Oh well....
2 comments:
Love the video...she's got such a beautiful smile! Best wishes on the job search. I was in your same exact shoes about a year ago. Having a child changes everything! You'll figure out what the perfect job is & it will all work out....I know it!
Keeping warm but not cooking is an ongoing challenge in our old home too. I'm back and stressed out trying to finish up stuff before starting bar prep. Good luck over the next month and we should talk when things slow down (wishful thinking I know).
Post a Comment