Sunday, March 8, 2009

About to crawl!

My lack of posting is shameful. But I still think I need some credit for being able to acknowledge that, right? Again, balancing work and mommy-hood has been a challenge! You can tell from my lack of posts that I'm still trying to figure it out. Being a parent is the best, but I think Scott and I both wish we could do it full time. Not possible, currently!

Greta is getting bigger every day! She is so sweet and her personality comes out more all the time. Today she is battling the stomach flu, which is very sad. (Papa got to witness the first round of that in all of it's glory! Sorry, Papa!) Hopefully, she is getting better. It has been a few hours since anything came up, so we are hoping she is at the end of it.

Greta is on the precipice of a full-on crawl! She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth - we think she's going to take off any day now. She can pull herself up using some things and she can move backwards at warp speed. She is also sitting on her own, and this girl will let us know if she wants something that she is not getting. The last two days, Scott and I have been eating our morning oatmeal (insert joke about how we are getting old here) and she cries her head off if she doesn't have something else to eat as we eat our oatmeal. She will grab for our oatmeal until we bring her pears or other baby food. She is no longer content just sitting still in our arms - she wants to be on the move! The still and content baby was great while it lasted, but this is fun, too.

Here are a few pics of our big girl (note: somewhere below is Greta bouncing on her bouncer. IT won't show up here while I'm posting, but it shows up on the actual blog page....she loves to bounce!):



Sitting on her own.


Naked baby! Isnt she sweet?




Mom loving on Greta - She just woke up and is in her sleep sack!


Greta having some playtime on her blanket


In the tub playing with her keys

4 comments:

Gael's Mom said...

Fun times! Thanks for the congratulations... I'm really hoping they are warranted. I'd love not to do that again, and I'd really love to have a big party with all the kids and families who have inspired Rodrigo and I through this year.
I'm so happy Greta likes the rattle, someone actually gave him another so we just won't tell the kids.

amosclarkson said...

Oh boy-almost mobile, huh? She's adorable and hope she feels better soon!

Sutton Family said...

She is so cute. She just gets cutier and cutier every post. hope things are going well for you guys. We need to have another playgroup soon so we can all catch up.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the naked baby picture. She is SO cute!