Sunday, April 5, 2009

On the Move!


BOO!!!


Ladies and Gentlemen....We officially have a crawler! A little over a week ago, Greta decided to dazzle Aunt Kerri and cousin Rowan with her super speedy crawling skills! Aunt Kerri called me at work to tell me that little G had taken off! We have a few videos of her that maybe I will post at some point, but I don't have too many pictures of the crawling, because she will not stay still long enough for me to snap one! She is EVERYWHERE! If we look away for 2 seconds, she is diving toward an extension cord or some other semi-dangerous thing. The need to baby proof is greater than ever! She is trying to pull up on everything and she loves to dive from our arms to get near the ground.

The pictures from above are after I was in our room trying to fold laundry. Greta kept trying to crawl off the bed and dive into the laundry basket, so I set her in there. She thought it was hilarious, though you can't really tell from the two pics I've chosen. (The other ones were all upside down and I was being too lazy to flip them)

We went to the park the other day to celebrate the very nice day! (It also happened to be Scott's 2 year anniversary of NO SMOKING! I am really proud of him, and it is such a huge accomplishment. I know there are days that he still misses smoking, but he has done a great job.) Anyway, we decided to give Greta a chance to try out the swing, despite the fact that it was a tad big for her. We stayed close to make sure she didn't do a faceplant.



The swing was a success!


She couldn't quit laughing!


WEEEEEEEEEE!


On the big swing with mama.



Being an independent girly in the baby swing.


Those chunky cheeks are irresistible to me!


Giggling away!


Dad and Greta enjoying the day!

Friday, April 3rd, was Scott's 39th birthday! He took the day off to be with his girls at home and appreciate his special day! See below for a picture of my skinny husband and our little miss on his happy day. (He's lost 20+lbs recently. He is having more success at losing his baby weight than I am having at losing mine!)


BFF's!


Here is Miss Greta playing in her room. She is getting so curious about everything!


Our smiley baby reading her book! We are so proud of her and think she is just the sweetest thing ever!

6 comments:

April & Alisha said...

G is flippin adorable. I love that she laughed the whole time in the swing. I was thinking Scott looks sooo skinny before I scrolled down to read how much he's lost. Congrats on the weight loss and the no smoking!

amosclarkson said...

Love the swing pictures! We need to see you guys sometime soon!

Hettinger Home said...

SUCH a cute smile! Yes, post video of her mobile skills :)
And yay to smoke-free for two years!

the hortons said...

I love swing pictures. Babies, especially yours, always look so sublimely happy! What a sweetie pie!

Kevin and Supavan said...

She IS the sweetest thing ever! I love all the pics, esp the swing pictures! She is just so full of joy! Tell Scott happy belated birthday and anniversary! Hope to see you three in the morning!

abbycarlson said...

What a pretty smile she has! There is something magical about swings and babies. Great pictures!