Friday, June 20, 2008

Down on the Farm

We are most of the way through decorating our daughter's room. Several months into the pregnancy, we decided on a theme for her room, regardless of whether she was a girl or a boy. We liked a particular website: www.whatisblik.com. Particularly, we were smitten with a farm theme from the company's "Wee Gallery." It seemed to make sense, since Scott comes from strong agrarian roots. I come from a line of coal miners, but lumps of coal on the wall seemed inappropriate for our little one. Plus, no artist was creative enough to think of that one yet. I'll have to write to the company with the suggestion.

The wall decor is actually "stik-on" decals, which can be removed and "re-stuk" elsewhere, if you ever need to change the decor. So, what you see on the walls below is our creative license (using the website as our example) for our daughter's walls.

Please forgive the crib filled with all sorts of baby things. It's kind of our storage spot right now until we get an actual mattress for our daughter to sleep on.


I'm not exactly Vanna White, but I still think I'm displaying our new wall quite proudly!



Scott stands on the other side of the room holding her piggy bank and showcasing the other farm scenario.


Close up of the scene by the crib.


Don't you just feel like throwing on your overalls and baling some hay?

7 comments:

Our Three Girls said...

Love the farm scene! Very cute! I'll be over in my overalls. :)

April & Alisha said...

The nursery is looking so cute. The Wee Gallery decals are all the rage in Portland Baby boutiques...I'm glad I will get to see them in an actual nursery. You are looking great. Can't wait to see you.

amosclarkson said...

Love the decor, Sarah! You are looking great!

Party of Five said...

Hey! You look awesome... what were you talking about in my blog comments? I think we see ourselves MUCH bigger than we look to others:) LOVE the sheepies!

Tracy

the hortons said...

Love the nursery. I can't wait to see it in person with a real baby and not just a cat-baby! I didn't get to tell you last time I saw you, but your hair looks great. Come and see me before your water breaks!

Undecided said...

I need some updates Prsarah! How are you?

Undecided said...
This comment has been removed by the author.