Monday, August 11, 2008

Tomorrow's The Big Day!

Since GiGi is busy sleeping and partying in the womb with no showing of intention to come out, my Dr. has officially set an eviction date. Tomorrow, bright and early, we start the induction process. We actually go in this evening to stay the night at the hospital and get everything prepared. My doctor's particular practice believes that 1 week overdue is probably the max you should go, and we're pressing that date. So, we'll go in tomorrow.

People always say that spontaneous labor is always more convenient with the first child, because you can just leave and not have to worry about childcare for other children. However, we have our three "children" at home, so we have set up "babysitters" for each night. (Thanks to those of you who are staying with the dog and cats. You are much appreciated!) I really wish I would have gone into labor on my own, but it hasn't happened so far. I'm just trying to go with it right now.

I wish I had some pictures to post, especially because my brother, Bruce, has been in town with his girlfriend, Pam, and we have seen them almost every day. The other day, they took us to eat Korean food. (Yes, I ate KimChi - extra spicy marinated cabbage, despite the acid reflux problem and this girl did little more than kick me!) Then last night, they brought us Indian takeout. It was really delicious! The Korean and Indian food was appropriate since Bruce is Korean and Pam is Indian. We told them we would have to repay them with Scottish food from Scott and a mixture of French, German, Norwegian, English, and Scotch-Irish food from me. We are lucky to have such fun and supportive family. We just apparently forget to document it in photos!

Thanks to everyone for checking up on me!

7 comments:

the hortons said...

I've done it both ways, and the outcome is the same. A beautiful baby! We can't wait for little GiGi's arrival. We'll be thinking and praying for you. Hey, maybe your little one will be like cousin Kalani, and break your water as soon as you get to the hospital! Love you!

Our Three Girls said...

Just enjoy the experience and know that by tomorrow evening, you will be a mommy! Yay!

Karyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karyn said...

good luck tomorrow! We'll be thinking of you can't wait to see your new little one! Tell Bruce and Pam hi for us too! love you!

Emily said...

Can't wait to meet your new little girl! let us know if you need anything. We can do animal babysitting too if needed!

amosclarkson said...

Very exciting that the day is tomorrow! Look forward to checking back and seeing pictures of your little girl. I'll be thinking of you and praying labor & delivery go well!

Undecided said...

I'm so happy for you both!