Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More visitors and random pics!

We have just been truckin' along here in Hartley-ville. Two days ago, Greta had her 2 month check-up, complete with shots. Greta weighs 11lbs, 14 oz (75th percentile), 22 inches (50th percentile) and head circumference 15 and 1/4" (also 50th percentile). The shots were a little traumatizing. Okay, more for me than for her, but...I don't like to see such a sweet lil' thing crying. Dad had to hold her down while I stood back and turned toward the wall. I'm such a wimp.

The other day, Laura Martin, my friend from work (who now works in the Appellate office), came to visit Greta and me. Greta was knocked out the entire time, but Laura got some serious bonding time with Butch. She even let him on the couch, which is a complete no-no in our house. I think he was in heaven. See below for a photo capturing the love that Laura gave to Butch.

Poor neglected boy. I think he was wanting to accompany Laura home.

Greta is still really happy. She is really into squealing. She loves to sit on the bed, in her swing, in her bouncy seat---anywhere, really---and just kick her legs and squeal. Here is a picture of Miss G with her Daddy after he got home from work one day.

Very delighted to see him.
The other day, Scott was getting Greta ready for bed. When I walked into the bedroom to get myself ready for bed, this is what I found on my side of the bed:


Scott thought it was pretty funny. She was laying on my pillows and Scott told me I needed to go sleep in her crib for the night because she had already claimed my side of the bed.

As I was going through the photos in the camera, I saw some pics of Greta and me in our bedroom. There were lots of pics of Greta and I laying next to each other snoozing during a nap....however, they will not be posted. The double chin on Yours Truly was FRIGHTENING! Wow. Scott apparently does not know the "always take photos from above to minimize all possibility of looking super fat" trick. I'll have to teach it to him.

An early morning post-feed session with Miss G.

Papa John (no, he doesn't make pizzas) came over to visit Gigi and watch the last presidential debate the other day. Here he is posing with Gigi before Obama and McCain sparred. Greta looks a little drunk. I promise we have not given her any beer or wine. Only the occasional nip of vodka for this little girl.

Greta and her Papa. Gotta' love grandpas and grandmas!

Oh, and on the topic of politics, we took Greta to her first political rally the other day. It was pretty exciting, although we couldn't see our candidate in the sea of 75,000 people. Our friends, Colin and Stacy, may have a picture of Miss G on the way to the rally, but we'll need to get it from them. We didn't bring our camera. I was a little stressed about the line and whether she could handle it, but she did great. The line was LONG - 2 hours to get up to the rally site. But we survived it all!

Amy and Eli Clarkson came over the other day to visit, too. It was fun to talk with Amy and see Eli and hear him speaking his new Asian language that he has created all on his own! He's pretty sweet. I only got one snapshot from their visit, so...it's not the best. But you get the picture!


Elijah taught me that we REALLY need to babyproof!

Sometimes Greta comes into the kitchen with us to help us cook dinner. Here she is last night with Tiny. We were having whitefish with tomatoes, capers, and onions. Not our best work, but it filled our bellies.

Greta snoozing in the kitchen
Here's a photo I took today. Miss Greta looking super happy. The outfit is more something that her dad would dress her in. But I have to take credit for it this time. We were kind of in a rush to get something on quickly, as our house is chilly and Greta had soaked her last outfit with spit up. (We have a big spitter here) In the photo, you can also see my attempt at the spit-up dilemma. A bib at all times of the day. We'll see how it works.
I only have a week until I go back to work. Sad! My maternity leave has really flown by and I can't believe how big Miss G is. I am so proud of her!

4 comments:

The Schwengels said...

What a joyous baby! She is just beautiful! :)

Did you think Greta looked like her ultrasound pix? I can't stop looking at Grace's...I keep thinking...does she look like a Grace? Yes, yes...I think she does...

amosclarkson said...

She's too cute. It was great to see you last week!

April & Alisha said...

I love how much she smiles...such a happy little G!. I need to come visit again soon and give you back the umbrella stroller you so graciously let us borrow.

Our Three Girls said...

Love the picture of Greta and her daddy!