Maybe you can see in the above photo that there is a little pink shoe on the right side of the photo....Yes, Miss Rowan came back to visit us! It was very fun to have her here, and she took full advantage of the fact that Aunt Sarah will give her any food she wants. While here, she decided on orange juice, applesauce, a giant bowl of popcorn, and an ice cream sandwich. (It was a Lite ice cream sandwich, just to ease my guilt about still having baby weight) Look below to see which one was responsible for the moustache.
Since being at home, I have been able to focus on more of the things I should be doing with Greta. This means reading lots of books to her and having "tummy time".
Greta also still enjoys her Bumbo chair and here's a pic of our little bald girl chillin' out.
I thought I should post something about my future job plans since several people commented on the last post about me being a "Stay at Home Mom". I would LOVE to do that, and so far, December has been bliss! I've loved being at home with her, especially now that she is getting so much personality. She is so sweet. I look forward to her smile every single morning. It's so great! Sometimes when she wakes up from naps, I walk into her room and peer over her crib and her face lights up and she just starts smiling and kicking her legs. Melts my heart.
However, our economic situation is not such that I can stay home full time, thanks to my signature on MANY student loan papers throughout law school. Therefore, I'm doing something that I hope will allow me to stay at home with Greta for much of the week, and work as well: I'm opening my own law practice. Yes, it doesn't exactly SOUND part-time, and to be honest, I don't know how well it will work as a part-time thing, but....it seems to be the best option for me right now. I can (kind of) determine my own hours, and it will keep me working in the legal field, which is something that is important to me, since I'd like to start working in it full-time again after Greta and and any other future children we may have are older. So, that's my update. I have heard that, as with any business, sometimes it's tough to get a practice started, so if any of you know people in KC with legal needs (criminal/traffic/general civil stuff), send them my way. My office is down at 9th and Oak. Exciting! I have a website that's not up yet, but it should be up by the end of next week.
4 comments:
Mi Jean told me about you starting a practice-how exciting!! I will definitely recommend you to friends & family. Be sure to post your website! Greta is looking adorable & yes, being home for any amount of time is wonderful!
Awesome!!! That's great! I'll definitely sent folks your way...maybe I'll need you myself someday!
Oh I feel famous for being featured on the blog! :) It was great visiting and kuddos to you for starting your own practice. Will have to visit again or maybe we could venture out for lunch!
I really wish that I wasn't such a law-abiding citizen, then I'd have an excuse to have you come & bail me out of the pokey & defend me! I'll see what I can do. I haven't been pulled over for speeding in a while. It's probably time:)
Tracy
Post a Comment