Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Stats!

Greta went to her 4 month appointment last Friday. We like going to the appointments to see where she is weight-wise and height-wise. However, there are also the dreaded vaccinations, which no one looks forward to. UGH!!!

The good news from the doctor's visit: Greta is now 13 lbs and 9 oz - 90th percentile in weight! This was great news for her parents, because people are always telling us we have a skinny baby and I started to get paranoid about it, especially since this child eats around the clock. (We have a minor night waking problem...sometimes she wakes hourly to eat. That's another story, though, people.) So, turns out, she is actually quite rotund! She is also 24 and a half inches, which is in the 50th percentile. Her head circumference is also in the 50th percentile. So, she's doing well!

The bad news: Greta now wants to put a hit out on her nurse. I have never seen a 4 month old baby look at a nurse like she wanted to slap her before, but my daughter achieved that after getting her vaccinations. Poor thing. But they are over and done with for two more months. I think everyone in our family can agree that we all REALLY hate vaccination day.

Below is a video of Greta and her dad. Sometimes, at night, Scott will get out his guitar and play and sing to her to keep her entertained. She hasn't quite got the hang of chiming in when he stops playing and points to her. But, she is entertained by the whole scenario, I think.

She is getting to be so much fun. Her little personality shows more every single day....she's such a sweetpea and we are super proud of her!

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Love the video! She seems to really enjoy her daddy's musical ability. Too cute. Yes, vaccinations are no fun....good thing they don't really remember & don't hold it against us for too long :)

Party of Five said...

LOVE the one-sided duet:) And I loved hearing your laugh again, Sarah!! I miss the good old college days & everyone I knew in them... ahhhh, what a much simpler time!

The Schwengels said...

LOVED THE VIDEO! What a sweet baby...smiles on que! Glad all her stats are perfect!